2. Use of the website
- The Website is intended exclusively for personal or professional use for non-commercial purposes.
- Any further or alternative use, particularly the automated retrieval or information and its distribution to other systems, is only permitted with our express explicit permission, which we may revoke at any time.
- The use of the Website is free of charge and all content is subject to a Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
3. Restrictions on use
3.1 The Website shall be used in good faith by you. As such, the use of the Website is particularly restricted as follows:
- You shall not modify or alter the Website, its contents and/or its features in any way whatsoever;
- You shall not contribute to or encourage anyone to modify or alter the Website, its contents and/or its features in any way whatsoever;
- You shall not (i) permit direct or indirect access to or use of the Website in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit, (ii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or its related systems or networks, (iii) access the Website in order to build a competitive product or Website, (iv) cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Website, or (vi) decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Website or portion thereof.
- You shall not use the Website in a way which threatens the security, integrity or availability of the Website; you shall in particular not use the Website to (i) store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, (ii) store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, (iii) store or transmit malicious code, (iv) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Website or third-party data contained therein.
- You shall not load or impede network traffic and/or data transit from, on and/or to the Website in a manner that is inadequate or greater than that required for ordinary, personal and non-commercial use of the Website, particularly beyond what is required for the display of the content and/or execution of the functionalities of the Website.
- You shall not send or cause to be sent spam or unsolicited letters and/or emails to any other Website user, subscriber to a Newsletter, nor to us, including our agents, governing bodies, and employees.
- You shall use the Website strictly in accordance with the intellectual property regime applicable to the content of the Website and will not contribute to or encourage anyone to use the Website in a manner contrary to fair competition and intellectual property principles.
- You shall ensure the technical and legal compatibility, including updates of software and devices that are used, directly or indirectly, in connection with or in operation of the Website, particularly to display the content and/or execute the functionalities of the Website.
3.2 If necessary, we reserve the right to prohibit access to or use of all or part of our Website by any person, without indication of just cause.
4. Accessibility of the website
- In principle, the Website can be consulted and accessed at any time.
- However, access to the Website may be temporarily suspended, for example for maintenance reasons. In such a case and where possible, we will inform you of such a suspension.
- We undertake to use, within the limits of our effective and reasonable sphere of control, and to the extent of ordinary technical and commercial market standards, the attention and skills necessary for the operation of the Website, particularly concerning the consultation of the Website and the execution of its functions.
- We also undertake to provide a safe, secure and error-free digital infrastructure. However, given the nature of any digital infrastructure, the absence of interruption, delay or imperfection is not guaranteed. You understand and accept that use of the Website is intrinsically subject to relative security and variable performance or operation, which we cannot guarantee.
- We aim to publish high quality content and undertake to act in accordance with this objective.
- We undertake to publish content that complies with the Munich Code of Ethics of November 1971 as well as the Declaration of Duties and Rights of Journalists of the Swiss Press Council.
6. Intellectual Property
6.1 The Website and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Heidi Media SA and its licensors. In particular, the company names, logos, photos, products, brands, texts and domain names mentioned on the Website are the sole property of Heidi Media SA and may not be used without our prior written authorization.
6.2 The Website is protected by copyright, trademark and unfair competition laws, under governance of Swiss law. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or Website without our prior written consent.
7.1 Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
7.2 The information contained on the Website is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
7.3 Heidi Media SA and Heidi Media SA’s employees do not assume any liability related to the use of the information contained on the Website, and neither we nor our employees may be held liable for the inexactness, nor errors, omissions or modification of content of the information available on the Website.
7.4 Our Website may contain links to other websites or sources on the internet, particularly through a hyperlink. We do not assume any liability in relation to such links, websites and sources and we are not associated with the content that the said linked sites or sources display, or to which they give access.
7.5 Furthermore, we do NOT warrant that:
- the Website will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location,
- any errors or defects will be corrected,
- the Website is free of viruses or other harmful components,
- the results of using the Website will meet your requirements.
8. Limitation of Liability
8.1 Neither we, nor our employees shall not be liable for any damages, liability or losses arising out of:
- your use of or reliance on the Website, in particular information made available on the Website by third-parties, or
- your inability to access or use the Website.
8.2 In any event, we shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages, including lost profits, lost data, personal injury, or property damage related to, in connection with, or otherwise resulting from any access or use of the Website, regardless of the negligence (either active, affirmative, sole or concurrent) of Heidi Media SA, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Data Privacy
10.6 By continuing to access or use our Website after such modification become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Website.